The Giant Garden Games Hire Company
Terms and Conditions
Terms and Conditions
The Client - is the person named on the booking form. The Client takes full responsibility for the goods under the following terms and conditions.
Unless otherwise stated, all goods supplied are on a hire basis only and title remains with The Giant Garden Games Hire Company. Who hereafter known as The Company.
The Hire Period is as stated on the booking form!
Securing a Booking / Payment: For all orders a non-refundable booking fee of 20% will be required to secure a booking. Until the booking form and the Terms and Conditions Agreement (signed by the Client) and deposit is received back to the Company then no booking will be deemed to have been made.
The balance is payable ONE full calendar month before the event date. If a booking is cancelled more than three months in advance then no more is payable but the booking fee will not be refunded. If a booking is cancelled within three months then see the cancellation terms below.
Bookings made within one month of the event date must be paid in full at time of booking. The Company will not attend, supply or provide any goods or services if the full balance has not been paid in full. Payment on the day is not accepted.
Damage Deposit – A £50 Refundable Security Deposit, is payable in addition to the hire charges on all hire bookings, to cover minor shortages and damages to hired goods. This will be due for payment one month prior to your event and will be returned once all hired stock has been checked back in at the Company.
Order Changes / Cancellation or Reduction of Hire Goods: Reductions in the quantities of hire goods within one month of the event date will not be refunded. Additions to hire goods quantities are subject to availability at the time of request only and not guaranteed. The Client will pay a non-refundable booking fee of as detailed in the package quotation at the time of order. In the event of the Client making a full cancellation, or cancellation of any individual items within the quote, the following charges will apply:
Cancellation between 14 and 28 days before the wedding date - 50% of the last package quotation
Cancellation less than 14 days before the wedding date - 100% of the last package quotation The Company will endeavour not to make any changes to your wedding plans without your prior consent. However, if we are forced to make changes due to unforeseen circumstances / lack of availability, we will discuss this with you immediately.
1) Glassware must be handled with care
2) Hired glassware is the responsibility of the Client from the time the hired items leave the care of the Company until it is returned back to Company, therefore glassware in transit by the Client/Courier is still the responsibility of the Client.
3) If the Company has delivered and provided glassware direct to a venue or household the Client is responsible for the goods after delivery and set up by the Company until the hired goods have been collected from the venue or household by the Company.
4) The Company will not accept any other glassware product that is not stated on the booking confirmation as a replacement of any damaged hired glassware.
1) Changes in quantity for chair covers will not be accepted after one month prior to the event date – the date of order finalisation and settlement. By prior agreement the Company may add quantities subject to availability. No refunds will be given for quantities pre-ordered and not required on the day of the event.
2) Chair covers damaged beyond laundry / ripped / torn /stained or burned will be charged at £10 per cover for lycra.
3) Chair covers hired on a DIY basis are supplied washed and folded into boxes which must be retained for return transit.
4) If the Company are delivering and collecting DIY chair covers no fitting will be carried out by the Company, chair covers / sashes are to be taken off the chairs at the end of the event evening and put back into boxes provided ready for collection. If the Company arrive on site for a DIY collection and covers have not been taken off by the Client, the Client will be charged a labour fee of 50p per cover for removal by the Company.
Courier Collections Returns:
1) Any courier company used by the Client must be guaranteed, insured and have a tracking number.
2) Goods are to be booked on a next day courier service and notice given to the Company of the date of courier collection and return.
3) Hire Period for the available collection and return times as agreed in booking form. In the event of delays in transit proof of dispatch will be required in order to levy any charges for late return of goods.
4) The Client understands that hired goods are sent by courier at their own risk, therefore any loss or damages to the hired goods caused in transit are charged at the full retail value.
5) All items received back via an independent courier will be checked whilst in the presence of the courier driver. Any breakages will be noted as such at that time on the manifest and charged accordingly as per our Non Returns / Damaged Goods clause.
6) All disputes and/or claims regarding loss or damage of hire goods in transit remain between the Client and the Courier Company used by the Client.
DIY Delivery & Collections
1) Deliveries and collections by courier can only be made to a residential address provided by the Client. Deliveries will not be sent direct to a venue or collections from a venue as all goods require to be checked upon receipt by the Client.
2) Deliveries must be inspected upon receipt. Any shortages, breakages or incorrect items must be notified to the Company within 6 hours (same day) of receipt. This enables us to put things right in good time. No claims for breakages, loss or incorrect items can be entertained beyond this time period.
3) The Company will not be liable after this time and no refunds will be given if the notification time is not adhered to.
1) Collections must be inspected at the Company’s premises; hired goods must be checked against the booking form before being taken.
2) The hire goods stated on the booking confirmation will be prepared, cleaned and checked by the Company, but it is the responsibility for the Client to check the items on the order as any shortages, breakages or incorrect items.
3) This cannot be clarified or rectified after the Client has left the premises with the goods. The Company will not be liable after this time and no refunds will be given.
4) All goods are provided packaged in boxes. Therefore all goods must be re-packaged in the original boxes provided ready for collection / return. A charge will be made for non-return or damage of original boxes and packaging usually around £20-£30 per box. This covers the cost of the Company having to get boxes specially made to be able to store and re-hire these items.
Delivery, Set up & Collection:
1) Goods must be ready for collection at the agreed location at the correct date and time. A charge is made for an aborted delivery/collection by the courier and/or the Company where the venue/Client is at fault.
2) Any furniture including tables and chairs must be laid out in place prior to our arrival. The Company will not lay out chairs and tables unless previously arranged between the Client and the Company with confirmation in writing. If the Company arrives at venue and tables and chairs are not laid out ready, we retain the right to leave items at venue for the Client to set up or charge an additional fee for this service at our discretion.
3) If the Client is using table linen from another company other than the Company they will need to ensure that table linen is ready at the venue & on the tables prior to our arrival. If linen is not available and tables cannot be set up then the Company retain the right to leave items being placed on top of linen to one side for set up by the Client or third party ready for when linen has arrived. At the Company discretion and if timings allow the Company may be able to wait for linen to arrive but additional fee will be charged for the waiting time for each staff member of £25 per hour or part thereof.
4) The Client is responsible for the return of items not readily available at collection point. The Company at their discretion may offer to re-collect and this will be charged at mileage plus time to the Company. If goods are not returned within 7 days of event goods will be deemed as missing (See clause damaged and missing items above)
The Company only provide battery operated candles if the Client purchases their own then the Company does not take responsibility for any damage or fire caused and the candles will not be covered by the Companies insurance.
Non Returns / Damaged Goods:
1) All products are counted and checked by the Company at time of set up, with photos taken. In the event of shortages or damages that may be overseen by the Company, the Client shall notify the Company within 2 hours of delivery. If the Client fails to do this, the Goods will be deemed to be delivered in correct condition.
2) Charges will be made for any damaged goods. This includes but is not limited to; goods that have been dragged on the floor, ground in earth or grass stains, biro, burns, holes, rips, tears, candles wax, grease or deep staining.
3) All packaging and boxes MUST be kept and returned in good condition. The loss / damage of these boxes will incur a replacement charge, usually around £20-£30 per box. This covers the cost of the Company having to get boxes & packaging specially made to be able to store and re-hire these items.
4) Shortages and damages to hired goods will be charged at full replacement value and delivery to The Company. No substitute item will be accepted by the Company.
5) The Company will inform The Client within 48 hours, in writing of any damages or missing items on the order. The Client has 7 days from the date of notification to return any missing goods. After 7 days the Company will deem any goods not received back as missing and charge at full replacement cost and delivery to the Company. Any charges will be deducted from the refundable security deposit or where value exceeds the refundable security deposit an invoice will be issued to the Client.
6) Additional courier charges or additional journeys for attempted re-collection will be charged at full mileage plus time.
7) Damaged goods remain the property of the Company
8) Invoice will be due for payment within 14 days. Failure to make payment will incur a £25 late payment fee. Invoices still not settled within 30 days of issue will be sent to an external debt collection agency with fees of £150+ being added to the account to cover the costs.
1) The Company shall not be responsible for injury or damage to any persons, buildings or property howsoever sustained arising from any Hired Goods from The Giant Garden Games Hire Company, the Client shall be solely responsible.
2) The Client is solely responsible for the Hired Goods not the reception / event venue / hotel / florist or any other third party to whom the Client has entrusted the Hire Goods.
3) The Client alone shall be responsible for ensuring the Hired Goods are kept in good order from the time of despatch/delivery from the Company until back into the possession of the Company.
4) If the Client intends to leave Hired Goods anywhere other than in the Client’s possession before or after the event an agreement of a good provision of storage must be made and organised direct with the hotel or third party by the Client and does so at their own risk.
5) If DIY and the Client intends to leave directly after the event finishes e.g. Honeymoon, the Client must organise to the take down, re-packaging and return of all hired goods prior to the event, nominating a third party to act on their behalf, the contact names, addresses and telephone numbers should be made known the Company so that the goods can be located after the event.
6) The Client will still be fully responsible for the hired goods even when dealt with by a third party.
Sub-Contractor: The organiser reserves the right to pass on the personal details of the Client to sub-contractors who are directly involved with the Client’s event package. These details may be kept on a database for future reference. The Client agrees to comply with all the terms and conditions of The Giant Garden Games Hire Company.
Whilst every effort will be made by the Company to complete any orders, they cannot be held liable for non-completion of orders due to matters beyond their control.